- Making India Awesome: New Essays and Columns’ by renowned Indian author Chetan Bhagat is a book that showers light on India’s most obstinate snags—unemployment, violence, poverty, discrimination against women, religious fundamentalism, illiteracy and communal violence.
- This is the first time Chetan Bhagat, renowned for writing non-fiction books based on the lives of Indian youth, has tried his hand at writing non-fictional contents with 'Making India Awesome’ being a collection of essays that discusses some of the most prevalent problems prevailing in India.
- Starting with a note on his journey, the book is strategically divided into four parts i.e., Our Society, Politics, Our Youth and Two stories. Written using simple language and concept, the book aims to make the readers understand the most complex problems that the nation is facing today.
- Giving practical suggestion on how to solve the problem, Bhagat also give suggestions on how the youth of India can give their bit in solving these problems.
- Sixth book in a row, it is all about Chetan Bhagat’s take on Indian Society, culture and, most importantly, on politics.
About the Author:
Chetan Bhagat is an Indian author, columnist and screenwriter, who is popularly known for his English-language novels, mostly based on the lives of young urban middle class Indians. Bhagat's novels have sold over seven million copies and in 2008, The New York Times quoted Bhagat as "the biggest selling English language novelist in India’s history.